Sunday, July 31, 2011

Something in the Water


There are a few things about the Philippines that I seem to let happen that I would never do in the States.

Here are a few that I find amusing:

-       let spiders and spider webs hang out all over our bedroom walls
-       shower with cold water each morning
-       walk around in the rain every day without an umbrella or proper rain shoes (it’s rainy season)
-       drink instant coffee daily
-       make my food in a kitchen and be okay with the ants all around, as long as they are not directly touching my food at that moment
-       ride on the back of a stranger’s motorcycle to get me around (they are not licensed transporters)
-       go to bed before 9pm almost every evening because I can
-       eat rice each day with some sort of meat - usually pork
-       take my multi-vitamin in place of eating greens (not many here)
-       fight with Scott over who gets the pillow with the softest flour sack (aka pillowcase)
-       carry my own toilet paper in my pocket everywhere I go

2 comments:

  1. Audrey, you make me smile! Thanks for all the posts, painting an amazing picture of all you guys are doing and experiencing ... thanks, too, for links to articles and helping us not keep our heads in the sand regarding the sex trade. It's appalling!! Stay safe. Love and prayers are sent your way from all of us. Truly, Lori M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im finally catching up on your blog!! so good to hear more about all that you're doing! praying for you!!!! im so excited to have you back, but i know its going to be a challenging transition. blessings!

    ReplyDelete